Health and Safety
The Department of Geography and Environment, and the University of Western Ontario, strive to foster the development of a safety consciousness in all members of the University community. We want to minimize risk of injury to persons and damage to property or facilities. There are numerous resources, training procedures, and polices that assist Graduate Students to maintain the health and safety of themselves, the Department, and the broader University community.
Erika Hill, our Departmental Laboratory Supervisor, provides support on Health and Safety issues. She is a first point of contact for any questions related to Health and Safety. If Erika is unavailable please contact Lelanya Milley, the Departmental Administrative Officer or James Voogt, Department Chair.
The most up to date COVID-19 related information for the Western community is available on Western's COVID-19 (Coronavirus) site.
The Geography Health and Safety page provides information about and/or links to the following topics:
- Accident/ Illness/ Incident Reporting · Campus Community Police Service · COVID-19 (Department specific information)
- Emergency Information: phone numbers and equipment · Field Work Safety Policy · Fire Safety and Emergency Management
- First Aid Kits · Safety Abroad - International Travel
- Laboratory Safety
- Safety Data Sheets
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Position Hazard Communication Form · Required Health and Safety Training · Vehicle Rentals · Western’s Health and Safety Policy · Western’s Health and Wellness